The world of Amazon advertising offers an excess of options, each with its unique advantages. Understanding the differences between Amazon Demand-Side Platform (DSP) and Sponsored Display Ads is crucial for advertisers looking to optimize their online campaigns.
Table of Contents
What is Amazon DSP?
Amazon Demand Side Platform (Amazon DSP) is a powerful advertising platform that enables advertisers to programmatically buy display, video, and audio ads. It allows for reaching audiences both on Amazon’s websites and apps as well as through its extensive network of publishing partners and third party exchanges.
Here are some key features of Amazon DSP:
- Wide Reach: Amazon DSP provides advertisers access to a vast audience beyond just those shopping on Amazon. This includes users across Amazon-owned sites like IMDb, as well as a large network of partner websites and apps.
- Advanced Targeting Options: It offers advanced target capabilities, including demographic, interest based, and behavior targeting. Advertisers can target potential customers based on their previous relationship with specific products or categories on Amazon.
- Retargeting Capabilities: Advertisers can target users who have previously viewed their products or similar items, which helps in keeping the brand top of mind and in driving .
- Cross-Device Targeting: Amazon DSP enables advertisers to reach users across different devices, enhancing the chances of engaging with potential customers in various contents.
- Data-Driven Insights: Leveraging Amazon’s vast data, DSP provides insights that help advertisers understand the performance of their campaigns and make informed decisions.
- Flexible Buying Options: It offers both self service and managed service options, providing flexibility depending on the level of expertise and resource investment an advertiser wishes to commit.
- Brand Safety: Amazon DSP is known for its commitment to brand safety, ensuring that ads are displayed in an appropriate and safe environment.
Amazon DSP is particularly good for brands seeking to enhance their visibility and engage with a broader audience, utilizing Amazon’s rich data and extensive reach.
To find out about more on advertisement options, check out our other blogs;
What are Sponsored Display Ads?
Sponsored Display Ads are a type of advertising offered by Amazon that allows sellers and vendors to promote their products directly on Amazon’s platform. These ads are designed to help increase product visibility and drive sales, and they are available through Amazon’s self service advertising platform.
Key features of Sponsored Display Ads include:
- Product Centric Advertising: Sponsored Display Ads focus on promoting specific products. They are ideal for sellers who want to boost the visibility of individual listings on Amazon.
- Targeting Options: These ads offer targeting based on shopping behaviors. Advertisers can target customers who have viewed their product or similar products, making the ads more relevant and personalized.
- Automatic Placements: Sponsored Display Ads are automatically placed across Amazon’s website and its apps, including on product detail pages, which can influence customers at various stages of their shopping journey.
- Pay Per Click Model: Similar to other Amazon advertising solutions, these ads operate on a pay per click (PPC) basis, meaning advertisers pay only when a potential customer clicks on their ad.
- Flexible Budgets: Advertisers can start with any budget and stop their ads at any time. This opportunity makes Sponsored Display Ads available for businesses of all sizes.
- Self Service Platform: The platform is user friendly, which allow advertisers to easily create, manage, and optimize their ads without needing special marketing knowledge.
- Real Time Analytics: Amazon provides real time performance metrics, enabling advertisers to track the effectiveness of their ads and make data driven adjustments.
Sponsored Display Ads are particularly useful for Amazon sellers looking to drive more traffic to their product listings, increase conversions, and improve their product’s visibility on the Amazon market. They are a strategic tool for brands and sellers of all sizes to reach and engage potential customers on Amazon.
Key Differences Between Amazon DSP and Sponsored Display Ads
Understanding the nuances between these two platforms is a must for any advertiser aiming to get a grip on Amazon’s dynamic effectively.
|Feature||Amazon DSP||Sponsored Display Ads|
|Targeting Options||Advanced targeting including demographic, lifestyle, and behavioral. Allows retargeting across the web.||Product and category-centric targeting on Amazon.|
|Ad Placement||Across Amazon’s platforms, partner sites, and third-party exchanges.||Primarily on Amazon’s website and apps, including product detail pages.|
|Audience Reach||Broader audience, including users not currently on Amazon.||Focused on Amazon shoppers who viewed specific products or categories.|
|Campaign Goals||Suitable for brand awareness and engaging customers at various stages of the purchase funnel.||Ideal for driving immediate sales and increasing visibility for specific products on Amazon.|
|Management & Accessibility||Typically requires a larger budget; both self-service and managed-service options available. More complex platform.||User-friendly and more accessible to a range of sellers, including smaller businesses. Easier campaign creation and management.|
|Budget Requirements||Generally higher, often used by larger brands or agencies.||Lower minimum budget, accessible to smaller businesses.|
|Reporting & Analytics||Detailed analytics covering a range of data points across multiple sites and platforms.||Performance metrics focused on Amazon-specific data.|
In the growing land of digital advertising, teaming up with an AI service like Eva becomes crucial for success.
The Power of Automation and AI
Eva tackles the power of AI and automation to ease your advertising efforts on platforms like Amazon.
- Efficient Campaign Management: Automating repe tasks, allows more time for strategy.
- Data Driven Insights: Utilizing vast amounts of data to optimize campaigns for better performance.
Leverage Expert Knowledge
With Eva, you gain access to a team of experts and a wealth of industry knowledge, which ensures that your campaigns are always at the front line of digital advertising trends.
How Eva Stands Apart
- User-Friendly Interface: Designed for ease of use, even for entrance level.
- Customizable Reports: Get insights that matter the most to your business.
- Continuous Optimization: Eva constantly learns, adapts and improves your campaign performance over time.
Choosing between Amazon DSP and Sponsored Display Ads depends on your specific advertising goals. For brand awareness and broader targets, Amazon DSP is the way to go. However, if your focus is more on driving sales within Amazon, Sponsored Display Ads might be more fit.
By teaming up with an all in one service like Eva, you can manage your advertising campaigns on Amazon, regardless of the problem or scale. Visit our page eva.guru for more information and to start a better digital advertising strategy today.